About the event:
FREE EVENT – 99% FULLY BOOKED! Only the following few seats still available
SEATS ARE GOING FAST! BOOK NOW!
- Build your own WARKA WATER TOWER: 17 Aug- 8 Seats left: 10:00 – 11:30: (age group: 12+)
- Build your own FRACTALS: 17 Aug – 3 seats left: 13:00 – 14:30 (age group 10+)
- WIND & WATER ENERGY: 18 Aug – 15 Seats Left:15:00 – 16:30 (Open to the Public and children)
MORE ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE WORKSHOPS
We are preparing our children for a dynamic future! A First for Africa
For Grades 1 – 12 / special workshop daily for Adults in afternoons
STEAM EDUCATION IN ACTION!
Developing 21st Century Skills of Future Innovators & Entrepreneurs
Science / Maths / Technology / Engineering / Design / Art / Play / Innovation / Inspiration / Education
Play, Interact, Cooperate, Discover, and Experience!
7 Different workshops to choose from: Bookings essential
- Build a giant dome with 4D frames designed in Korea:
- Make soccer and basket balls using giant molecules:
- Build a Warka Water Tower
- Wind and Water Energy
- Mechatronics: design, build, code your own robot
- Snowflakes – Frozen Maths
- Art of the Infinite: 4DFrame Fractals
- See more details here and book your seat
The Experience Workshop – Movement for the Experience-Oriented Education of Mathematics and Arts has started in 2008 in Hungary as a collaborative effort of mathematicians, artists, teachers, parents and children. They have organised various math-art-education events and interactive exhibitions, workshops, seminars and trainings all over in Europe, Asia and America. Over the years, more than 30,000 people participated in these events. Experience Workshop’s international network and community has hundreds of active members, like teachers of various subjects, artists, scholars, craftsmen and toymakers from all around the world.
Experience Workshop experiments with various educational approaches to give opportunity to learn mathematics through the arts, and to do art through mathematics. Their aim is to involve the children, teachers, and families into a vibrant and creative dialogue between the mathematical and artistic way of looking at our world.
Experience Workshop’s main research interests involve, but not limited to STEM and STEAM education; inquiry-based, cooperative, playful and experience-oriented mathematics education; connecting problem-solving processes in science and art education; connecting hands-on activities and digital modeling in science, art and design education; science&art connections in learning; phenomenon-based learning and co-teaching; inter-, cross- and transdisciplinary management and trans-curricular leadership in education.
Watch and experience how children take ownership of the space at Cape Town City Hall and transform it into something magical, using a combination of science, technology, mathematics, art, design and innovation over three days.
Special guest facilitators and host:
- HOST: Kristóf Fenyvesi, PhD – Founder of Experience Workshop, Kristof is a researcher of STEAM (Science, Technology,
Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) Trans- and Multidisciplinary Learning and Contemporary Cultural Studies in Finland,
at University of Jyväskylä’s Department of Art and Culture Studies. He is the Vice-President of the world largest
mathematics, arts and education community, the Bridges Organization (www.bridgesmathart.org)
- Ho Gul Park, 4Dframe’s inventor, engineer, Korea
- Changwook Choi, artist, designer, 4Dframe developer, Korea
Location: Cape Town City Hall, 2nd Floor
Corner of Darling and Corporation Street , Cape Town, South Africa, Western Cape