About the event:
Crowdfunding as a concept is not a new thing and it is lives up to our African Ideal of Ubuntu. Having said this there are very few African success stories when it comes to Crowdfunding online. In this workshop we want to give you an idea of what the crowdfunding landscape looks like and then offer practical ways to implement tools to run a successful campaign for your design project.
We believe that the best way to learn is by doing and teaching and we therefore will ensure that the time is interactive and people can walk away with a much better idea of what, how, when and where.
So if you have a great idea that needs funding then come along with your friends and family and see what it takes to turn that idea into a reality.
Some of the topics that will be discussed are:
- Setting the amount you wish to raise
- Setting the length of the campaign and creating a schedule
- Setting rewards/incentives and stretch goals
- Building a perfect team
- Planning, materials and resources
- How to tell a meaningful story using the right words
- Creating a viral video
- Building an Audience
- Launching with immediate success
- Ongoing engagement
- Making data driven decisions
Please RSVP to email@example.com
Buy your tickets on Quicket here
Location: Station On Bree
207 Bree Street, Cape Town, South Africa, Western Cape