About the event:
GRANDT MASON FOOTWEAR – 1st eco-footwear brand in Africa
A Special Workshop for Sustainable Footwear Design and Production
See details of course further below
Participants will be taught and mentored for 1 day (5 hours) by Mr. Grandt Mason – the designer and head of Grandt Mason Footwear CC (The 1st eco-footwear brand in Africa established 2002) in our atelier in the Woodstock Exchange.
Learn about basic design, component development and the processes involved in footwear manufacturing.
We will go through different materials used, choose your color combinations, fit them and witness each of the production steps.
Each participants will leave with their own unique pair of Grandt Mason´s (option of 3 different styles available).
DATES: Please note that you also have the option to book for the 22nd Aug
TIME: 10am to 3pm
HOST: Grandt Mason and team
LIMITED SEATS: ONLY 10 participants per workshop
Included in the cost:
– all materials
– manual: step by step production processes
– one pair of shoes (collection after 3 days)
Techniques learned in this workshop:
– Basic pattern making
– Material selection and utilasation
– Lining, cutting and marking of the chosen style
– Basic component construction and application (how to make an insole/sole)
– Witness each production step
– Finishing and quality checks
– Learn the Grandt Mason ethos around sustainable footwear design and production.
PLEASE NOTE: Each participant can choose between 3 styles to create their own shoe.
RSVP TO email@example.com
Location: Grant Mason Footwear
66 Albert Road, Woodstock, SOUTH AFRICA